A Certain Romance

"oh they might wear classic reeboks or knackered converse or tracky bottoms tucked in socks,
but all of that is what the point is not..."

Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

Three steps behind, but still in the game...

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I've Always Liked The Sad Songs...

It really doesn't matter how I'm feeling, I love me a good sad song. Life can be as chipper as possible (and in most ways it has been lately) and still I'm a glutton for some melodic misery. I've been questioned about it a million times and my only great explanation is that it's definitely the emotional vicarious thrill and not the therapy that most people suppose it to be. There's just nothing like that wash of bummedness drifting over you. On that note, here are some of my recent faves; they aren't thoroughly bummed, but they deliver nonetheless. Enjoy.

Right Away, Great Captain - "Down To Your Soul".
Right Away, Great Captain - "Memories From A Shore (Anna No)".
Royal City - "I Called But You Were Sleeping".
Saxon Shore - "Nothing Changes".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home