A Certain Romance

"oh they might wear classic reeboks or knackered converse or tracky bottoms tucked in socks,
but all of that is what the point is not..."

Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

Three steps behind, but still in the game...

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Pure & Unadulterated Northern Soul : Volume 1

While looking through the archives recently for a certain disc, I came across a self-made compilation entitled "Pure & Unadulterated Northern Soul: Volume 1". I remember that I had four volumes of this which I would use when DJing Northern Soul nights around Los Angeles. I also copied these discs for interested friends.

I'm posting this compilation in its entirety here as it's as perfect a "Northern Soul's Greatest Hits!" mix as anything you are likely to find. Some of these songs are complete classics for me. I could go on and on, but it's better for you to just listen to the music (for more information on Northern Soul go here). More volumes to come if I can find them. In the meantime, put on your dancing shoes and talc up the floor.

01 - George Lemons - "Fascinating Girl" (Instrumental version).
02 - The Majestics - "It Hurts Me".
03 - Detroit Soul - "All Of My Life".
04 - Frank Wilson - "Do I Love You (Indeed I Do)".
05 - Willie Tee - "Walking Up A One-Way Street".
06 - The Supremes - "He's All I Got".
07 - Etta James & Sugar Pie DeSanto - "Do I Make Myself Clear".
08 - Timothy Wilson - "I Must Love You".
09 - The Creation - "I Got The Fever".
10 - The Chi-Lites - "Love Bandit".
11 - The Olympics - "I'll Do A Little Bit More".
12 - The Impressions - "You've Been Cheatin'".
13 - Chubby And The Turnpikes - "I Didn't Try".
14 - Frankie Beverly And The Butlers - "If That's What You Wanted".
15 - The Wooden Nickels - "More Than A Friend".
16 - The Remarkables - "I Can't Give Up On Losing You".
17 - Cindy Scott - "I Love You Baby".
18 - Chuck Wood - "Seven Days Too Long".
19 - The Ivories - "Please Stay".
20 - The Jades - "I'm Where It's At".
21 - The Fabulous Peps - "With These Eyes".
22 - Bobby Paris - "Personally".
23 - Percy Wiggins - "It Didn't Take Much".
24 - The Opals - "I'm So Afraid".
25 - The Epitome Of Sound - "You Don't Love Me".
26 - The O'Jays - "I Dig Your Act".
27 - Sunny And The Sunliners - "If I Could See You Now".
28 - The Seven Souls - "I Still Love You".

2 Comments:

Blogger harold hollingsworth said...

I've been in a Northern Soul mood for days, nice fit, very nice!

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

any chance you can repost a zip file of Vol 1 all of the links are dead.

Cheers.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home