A Certain Romance

"oh they might wear classic reeboks or knackered converse or tracky bottoms tucked in socks,
but all of that is what the point is not..."

Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

Three steps behind, but still in the game...

Monday, March 05, 2007

Northern Soul : Give It Up For The Girls

I haven't been listening to as much Northern Soul these days as I used to and what a shame that is. I miss the all-nighters I used to live for back in Los Angeles. I miss the blaring speakers, classic vinyl, and talc-ed up wooden dancefloors. I need to talk my wife into a trip to England that coincidentally lands on a Northern weekender.

Here are three classic girl sounds for the unconverted.

The Sweet Things - "I'm In A World Of Trouble".
The Orlons - "Spinnin' Top".
Cindy Scott - "I Love You Baby".

1 Comments:

Blogger k8 said...

more! more!

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home