A Certain Romance

"oh they might wear classic reeboks or knackered converse or tracky bottoms tucked in socks,
but all of that is what the point is not..."

Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

Three steps behind, but still in the game...

Monday, April 13, 2009

Helen Love - Calm Down Dad...

I first heard this song about three months after my now four-month old daughter was born (who's my total BFF these days). It made me feel old and somewhat terrified. Fortunately, it's amazingly catchy.

"Calm down dad, I'm growing up real fast. I know what I'm doing, I'm a teenager in love...". I just don't look forward to being on the receiving end of that comment. Argh. "I don't care what you've been told, I'm still young and you're still old - and The Clash were thirty years ago!".

This song is impressively clever (love the Kate Nash reference) but it's the end that is especially poignant ("White Riot, I want a riot of my own..."). Can you blame the kids?

Helen Love - "Calm Down Dad".

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been trying to find an mp3 of this since I heard it on 6music breakfast show about xmas time. Finally tracked it down. Lovely!

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home