A Certain Romance

"oh they might wear classic reeboks or knackered converse or tracky bottoms tucked in socks,
but all of that is what the point is not..."

Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

Three steps behind, but still in the game...

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Slow Club

Yes, so they've been mentioned twice before, but truly I can't stop gushing. Slow Club are as good of a band as you'll find anywhere these days and I'm looking forward to their debut album more than anyone else's (yep, it's true). And I'll tell you why. One word. Charm. As in CHARM. They've got in it spades and when you've got that then there's no need for posturing or being gimmicky.

Here's an "old" (I mean, 2007, c'mon...) UK radio session that I've been loving lately.

Slow Club - "Because We're Dead" (Radio Session).
Slow Club - "I'm Alive" (Radio Session).
Slow Club - "Sunday" (Radio Session). (This is quite easily my favorite tune of the past month; oh, I could go on... but I won't.) (And, check out "Dance Till The Morning" on their myspace page...)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen and Shane said...

those guys are alright, sound a bit like the softies. if you want to hear something truly inspiring check out horatio lee jenkins at www.drunkerthansatan.com. who knew music could be that good.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home