A Certain Romance

"oh they might wear classic reeboks or knackered converse or tracky bottoms tucked in socks,
but all of that is what the point is not..."

Name:
Location: Austin, Texas, United States

Three steps behind, but still in the game...

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Glasvegas 1st Major Label Single

OK. I need to calm down cause I'm really frustrated right now. Argh. I could easily launch into a diatribe about the pointlessness of major labels in 2008, but I'll resist for now. Regardless, here's the bad news about the recent Glasvegas signing to Columbia UK:

New single "Geraldine" is now out (the good news). However, as a USA resident, I cannot figure out how to access it. (1) Stupid iTunes seems to have the b-sides in the UK store and I can't purchase them without a UK payment card. (2) I could order the actual CD single through Columbia UK (which I'd love to do), but the shipping to Texas is (oh, let's see) $18.40 for the cheapest shipping option, bringing the total cost to $27.43. Uh, I don't think so.

So, it's 2008, right? Then why can't I pay for a download of each and every new A and B-side? Man, it was so easy before. Yeah, I'm frustrated. (In other frustrations, why does everything they touch now have to be so 'big'? Back off on the shoegazing guys, your songs are good enough).

The good news is that the always kind Glasvegas manager sent me my first swag ever in the form of a "Geraldine" promotional CD copy. Since you can't download this in the US, here are the "Radio Edit" and "Instrumental" versions. Enjoy.

Glasvegas - "Geraldine" (Radio Edit).
Glasvegas - "Geraldine" (Instrumental).

PS - Here's the new website and the single charted at #16 in the UK. Impressive. If only I could buy it...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should be able to get a copy on ebay for a fraction of that postage cost.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Theyre headlining the FR stage at Reading next week, cant wait!

5:01 AM  
Blogger Fluffy Clark said...

By any chance, do you have the acoustic version of Geraldine that they sell on the itunes UK store? I can't find it anywhere.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home